Complementing lightning protection systems, MSM offers a wide range of equipment to safeguard facilities and their electric equipment of surges that may occur. This product line is characterized by its robustness, compactness, ease of installation and high performance.
The range of products for the protection of marine equipment includes protective equipment for power lines, data networks and communications, photovoltaic systems and coaxial lines.
In addition to the wide range of protection products we offer, MSM offers technical support service to help you select the most suitable protection for each case.
- SURGE PROTECTORS TYPE 1. Test wave 10/350 μs. Surge protectors Type 1 are recommended for installations where there is a high probability of lightning.
- SURGE PROTECTORS TYPE 2. Test wave 8/20 μs. Surge protectors Type 2 are installed at the heading of electrical installations and secondary power units. They protect electrical and electronic equipment from transient surges of industrial, atmospheric or maneuver origin.
- SURGE PROTECTORS TYPE 3. Test wave 8/20 μs – 1.2/50 μs. Surge protectors Type 3 are always installed coordinated with surge protectors Type 2. To be installed at the power supply input of the receiving equipment.
- DATA NETWORK AND CONTROL PROTECTORS. TD SERIES Surge protectors for data lines protect electronic equipment in the communication network against any transient surge induced on the data lines. These guards must be installed as close as possible to the equipment to be protected. Protectors for data lines are available for any type of connector: DB9, DB25, RJ45, RJ11, 2-wire, BNC.
- COAXIAL CABLE PROTECTORS. CD SERIES Surge protectors for coaxial cables protect electronic equipment associated with the coaxial installation against any transient surge induced on coaxial cables. These guards must be installed as close as possible to the equipment to be protected. Protectors for coaxial cables are available for any type of connector: BNC, F, N, N-Bulkhead, TNC.
- PROTECTORS FOR PHOTOVOLTAIC INSTALLATIONS. BF3 SERIES Surge protectors for protection Type 2 are intended for equipment working on direct current, protecting photovoltaic equipment against transient overvoltage of atmospheric or maneuver origin. This surge protector is available for voltages of 600V d.c. and 1000V d.c. These models also have the ability to provide a remote alarm (optional).