MODELS AND TYPES OF Mooring Buoys :
MBM Mooring Buoys are especially designed for mooring big vessels, however they can be used for a wide range of applications such as off-shore prospecting platforms, fuel hose holders, weather stations support, etc.
Thanks to their solid construction, they are virtually unsinkable, even against a strong impact. The manufacture process is the same than the one used for vessel mooring fenders in ports, ready to withstand repeated collisions without deforming.
A self-contained signal lantern is integrated inside the buoy structure, thus avoiding possible shocks during mooring works. Designed according to IALA Recommendations.
- Float manufactured with closed-cell polyethylene foam sheet (no water absorption) projected with a layer of coloured polyurethane elastomer, high shock resistance.
- Metallic structure for chain and mooring fixings made from naval steel.
- High mooring capacity, up to 150 tones.
- Anti-sliding top float surface, to increase security during mooring and maintenance works.
- Under customer request, buoys can be supplied with quickrelease hook.
- Protections against abrasion located on the float top and bottom, from stainless steel.
- The self-contained lantern, with a vertical divergence up to 15º, is visible at a long distance, even when the buoy is tilted as result of the efforts from a vessel.
- Stainless-steel hardware.
- Minimum maintenance.
- Designed according to IALA Recommendations.